Search

 

Monday, August 20, 2007

Clement Creeps out a win? maybe? maybe???

this is going to be long...

Mayoral Debate Pt. 1.

Property Taxes...

WOOT CLEMENT! No New Taxes!

Oh my god.... Karl didn't say no...(didn't expect that one... I guess I'm dumb when it comes to dean =P)

2020 olympics... $40,000,000 dollars... avg cost...
Seems Karl doesn't get that most of that money comes from private investment. Bob Does, and thats why he says "I may be shooting for the moon here"

Low blow... Clement pulls the defense of Paul Dennis Reid out of left field...

Dean did not expect it.. and sounds a little pissed...


Dean "do not return to old style politics, " is not disrespectful of clement.

Clement, basically said, your right karl, your shit talking comes from the Scene... (note my wording... try to have some fun with this will ya!)

BEEEPPP Turn Tape Over Now

Mayoral Debate Pt. 2.

No child Left Behind... What will you do to help metro schools reach said goals?

Clement Voted for it and then says it was underfunded; bush didn't fund it properly (as a former college president and former co-chair on the caucus for education I find this acceptable, as he was a hard worker for federal education dollars.)

Dean Holds the same line. one problem i have... I can't trust a man who won't place his own children on his decisions (I.e. Karls Children are all PRIVATE SCHOOL EDUCATED... Bob's are public school educated.)

Business growth in Nashville

Dean Incentives only when Necessary, best way to compete with Mid TN for Nashville Business is to have good schools...

K... Sounds good

Clement, Incentive only when necessary, Lost jobs to areas outside of Nashville due to poor quality education...

K... Sounds Good

Did you actively seek Gentrys support?

Clement: Yes, Howard is an old Friend of Mine, and He handled himself very well as Vice Mayor and in the Mayoral Campaign. Howard I'm Doing very well in the African American Community and I Very Much Need you support, you could turn this election.

Good, As someone who has interacted with Howard on many occasions (he and my father went to high school together) I must say I hope he follows through and backs Mr. Clement.


Dean: I hired most of Gentry's staff. I will honor Howard's "I Believe" Message.

dude... His message was... "Believe" tsk, tsk, tsk...

and Finally


Beeeeppp Insert Tape B side 1 now!

Mayoral Debate Pt. 3.


Questions from the community!!!!
How will you stop Petty Crime?

Clement: Good Question, and this is becoming a problem in Nashville. As you may know I am endorsed by the Police Officers and Fire Fighters Union..."

Good enough for me (lets just hope he backs their 'fire serpas NOW' campaign too)

Dean: fund the police with enough money to fill the 60 to 70 vacant positions now, and the rest was a none answer.

'nuff said.

What you intend to do to make sure only LEGAL immigrants get work?

Dean: 287 g is the solution.

Clement: I will meet with Sherriff Hall tommorrow (287g may be good????) we have to prosecute those who intentionally hire illegals.

Great idea... My only problem is are our courts the best place to determine intent? especially if we are talking bad intentions...


Property taxes keep rising. How will you make sure my Taxes are being allocated properly?

Clement: I will NOT increase property taxes. We've seen 2 increases in the past 8 years, and Karl Dean was a part of the purcell administration when these increases occured.

NICE... good hit in there too!

Dean: I am committed to letting the voters decide on property tax increases.

Uhhhh... I don't want some of the idiot voters in this county having a say in whether or not I pay higher taxes. How bout just go ahead and tell me NO now... that will keep me happy dammit!

Poverty issues, and what would you do for our community as a whole?

Dean:Low income housing is the key to this issue.

good good... gimme more...

Clement:You have to have a support system (for the poverty stricken and the homeless) but you have to help them help themselves. Low income housing is a good solution.

Nice... keep it real!

were not done yet


Mayoral Debate Pt. 4

Hardest Professional decision you've ever made

Clement: As president of Cumberland University turning it from a 2 year to a 4 year college to get it fully accredited. I had to hire and fire a lot of people, but in the end I knew when to say yes and when to say no.

nice, political and business experience... after all he did turn C U around.

Dean: His hardest decision relates to personnel. He feels connected to his personnel ,"but then again there has to be accountability" especially when it comes to the tax payers dollars.

good call... but can you make personnel decisions?



Baby boom Retirement 1 worker for every 2 leaving workforce

Dean: Bredesen is doing what is best, meeting with local business leaders to find out what our schools need to focus on to keep the workforce flowing (from the schoolyard to the factory yard ehhh???)

Clement: we are a service Information society, that why I propose career and technical education in schools. just because your not in college does not make you a second class citizen. We've Got to prepare for the future, we've got to find the jobs that fit them. thats why we need vocational education back in schools and we need it now!

WOOOOO

Tax increase

Clement: NO PROPERTY TAX INCREASE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS!
Plan our Growth and Grow our Plan... Focus on Quality of Life

uhhh... COOL... what about after that (i have to ask at least).

Dean: I have no plans to seek any increase in taxes. Now if a disaster or downturn, say we can't pay for our bonds, we may need to increase taxes... (he goes on...)

uhhh your right, but your wrong... no more taxes...


Both candidates avoided this question, so I'm just gonna skip it... enjoy the video
basically its what nationally held stereotype of nashville would you like to get rid of.
they both pitch MAJOR SOFTBALLS!

(i'd like to see the ignorant, uneducated, Racists, Shoeless, and maybe the "they all have mullets" stereotypes go... can I be mayor??? hehe.)



Convention center

Dean: Designate MDHA the authority to manage the development (after some investigation into MDHA) Store and restaurants should be on the exterior, and I would like to see a music theme as well.

Good Answer

Clement: Dean and I both Agree on the Convention Center. We Need it, but I'm not going to build it on the back of the taxpayers, I will utilize tourist dollars.


Air/Quality Ozone Standards

clement: We may get fined soon; we have to monitor this closely. We have to communicate this regionally as well.

Dean: The Next Mayor of Nashville is going to have to be a regional leader. As mayor of Nashville I would unite middle Tennessee to make sure we do not get sanctioned by the EPA.

I want to laugh because this question reminds me of the "EPA! EPA!" dome in the Simpsons movie... But its a serious issue and they both have good points.

Last but not least

BEEEEPPPP

Mayoral Debate Pt. 5
.

k... I'm bored and this was long... Its like american idol (or insert other crappy Fox reality series here) 1 hour for two people to debate? I understand 1 or 2 hour debates when there were 7... BUT, come'on DAWG we're down to two...

30 minutes should be plenty.<--- does this show my youth???



Clement puts forth public school options... sounds good!


P.S. this is important.... to make this as fun as possible... RIGHT CLICK.... CLICK PLAY SPEED...

CLICK FAST...

Its funny... I promise!


My Room is dark... But my TV is all Glowy!


back to normal non-TV mode tomorrow... Enjoy this while ya can!

No comments: