Search

 

Friday, August 8, 2008

The small victories, the cankers and medallions, they keep me thinking that someday...I might beat you...

So.

I have lost a lot of faith in Tennessee.

Not because Tuke won. Congrats to him for having the most connections and best ability to convince the people he's the right man. However, I will be voting for Lamar, or an Independent this year, as Mr. Tuke does NOT represent ANY of my views.

I've lost faith in this state because of this:

Mark Clayton: 32,267

Did 32,267 Tennesseans wake up, slap on their Aluminum Foil Hats and march out to proudly vote for their candidate? (Clayton is the candidate who claims that the "Communist Chinese Government" tried to hack his campaign page.)

Or worse...

Did these Tennesseans intentionally vote for their county offices, and then just chose the first name on the list for the unknown election?

No vote is much better than an uninformed vote. This same logic could explain Mr. Davis' and even my Father's high vote numbers. (though I like to believe that at least 14,000+ Tennesseans appreciated and approved of my fathers issues)

I'll give Mr. Davis a little more credit than other bloggers. He may have truly won many of these votes with a great message. HOWEVER, there logically has to be a LARGE chunk of those votes who had NO CLUE who they were voting for; assuming many thought they were voting for Either Lincoln or David Davis.

Oy vey. I can't believe at least 40,000 votes were wasted...

I am however extremely pleased with 14,681 of you. I thank you for your support of my father, and I wish you and yours the best in the future. I am truly grateful for you and your efforts to get my father elected to represent Tennessee in the U.S. Senate. Hopefully, either myself or my father can ask for your support again in the future!

-John Eaton

No comments: